The Olsen family hopes you had a beautiful Easter! We had a fantastic weekend.
On Saturday we joined our friends Tara and Sean along with hundreds of other families in our area for a local Easter egg hunt at the park. It was fun watching Cooper trying to figure out why we were picking up plastic eggs and he was just not convinced that the giant furry Easter bunny was safe to be close to - 3 feet away was his most comfortable distance haha.
On Easter Sunday Bob had to work (that part wasn't fantastic) but Cooper and I started our day at church which is always a mood booster for sure! :) Cooper played with the other toddlers while I enjoyed a moving service focused on Jesus' resurrection - the most important milestone in Christians' faith. I was energized and reclaimed my faith and belief in Jesus Christ as my savior. No better way to start a day than that!
Next up was a nap for Cooper while I prepared food and goodies for the neighborhood block party. We LOVE our neighborhood. We do an Easter egg hunt for the little ones and a potluck Easter feast for everyone. I prepared a big platter of organic baked pasta and a bowl full of organic veggies for dipping in organic ranch dip to add to the table of delicious creations by others.
Once Cooper was up from his nap we headed across the street and had great fun hunting for eggs and chowing down on all the yummy food. Our great friend Kristy and her daughter Addison (Cooper's age) joined us and we had a blast hanging out with them.
Once the block party was over Kristy, Addie, and then Tara and Sean came over to play with us at the house. It was a fun filled day!
We hope you had a wonderful Easter Sunday too!
No comments:
Post a Comment