Every night as I get Cooper tucked into bed I say prayers with him. We start with this classic children's prayer:
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep;
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the lord my soul to take.
And then we thank God for the many blessings and miracles in our lives. When finished with the prayers I say Amen, and after just a few nights of this Cooper began saying Amen too - absolutely precious.
This morning at around 3am Cooper woke up crying/upset. I went into his room and found him standing at the side of his bed - we just switched him from the crib to the toddler bed. I got him to crawl back into his bed and gave him a little bottle of water. After a few sips he handed the bottle to me and rolled onto his side as I stroked his hair and quietly sang a prayer and watched him fall back asleep (or so I thought). Just before standing up to walk away I looked up and said Amen. Cooper turned toward me, opened his eyes and exclaimed "Amen!" (with an adorable smile). My heart melted on the spot. I love this child so much. He is such a blessing. God is amazing!
3 comments:
That's so sweet. Makes my heart melt a little too. Just imagine how exciting it will be when these little guys can start saying the other parts of the prayers.
Our bedtime prayers are pretty similar. We start off the same, then pray for a few certain people by name, then give our thanks and ask for guidance with upcoming things. But Colton hasn't mastered 'Amen' yet. I remember how excited I was when he learned to fold his hands for meal time prayers after just a couple weeks.
I will never forget the time spent with my parents saying bedtime prayers
TOO precious!!!! I will show up as our blog name "victorware" I think.... but it's me, Kat :)
Love ya
p.s. NOPE- it comes up as happy family-OOPS! I had to sign in with our blog account so I thought it would come up as the account name !!!
Post a Comment