Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rock'n Raw (Rock'n Roll)

Cooper just amazes us with his flourishing vocabulary and comprehension. Yesterday while I was out with friends shooting a video, Bob was out and about with Cooper. They were running errands and were in the car when Cooper started yelling "rock'n raw rock'n raw!" Bob wasn't sure what he was saying but after several times of hearing Cooper shout it, Bob asked him if he wanted to hear some rock'n roll and Cooper yelled "yeah!!" Bob put the radio on and Cooper immediately started dancing in his car seat. Clearly, that's what he wanted!

I laughed so hard when Bob told me this story. Mostly because I was a total music addict as a kid. My mom has told me many stories about me begging to hear music and then dancing in my playpen and crib. My favorite type of music was soul and R&B music.  Cooper's favorite seems to be hip-hop and bluegrass - funny, huh!? :)

I love seeing him enjoy music and dancing around. Every day that I drop him off at daycare he runs straight to the boom box to turn it on and start dancing. The teachers and I always stand there and laugh and often we join in and dance around with him and the other little ones that are there. So much fun. 

Cooper is the joy of my life. I'm so grateful that God put him in our lives. I can't imagine how I would love and appreciate life so much if not for Cooper. 

 

3 comments:

JEN said...

cooper!! You have so much hair :)

Happy Family said...

He is getting so "grown up" looking1 SUCH A CUTIE! watch out girls...
XOXOX

Anonymous said...

Julie - your favorite music while in the playpen was James Brown's "I feel Good!" You really rocked it to that tune.........