Once finally past the pneumonia, we successfully eliminated the bottle! We braced ourselves for quite a battle and staged a ceremonial exchange of all his bottles for toys he selected at Toys R Us. He chose life sized plush dolls of Buzz and Woody heehee and he reluctantly handed the cashier the bag of his bottles "for the babies" and hasn't looked back since! It was that easy. Thank the Lord!
In late January I took Cooper to the east coast where I had a business meeting just a couple hours drive from my parents' house. We went out early to spend time with family and friends and my mom joined us, along with my 5 yr old niece, for the trip to New Jersey for my meeting so that I could have Cooper with me. He still had congestion and was getting nebulizer treatments so we decided it was better for him to be with me in case he needed medical attention. The kids had a blast playing at the hotel with visits to the pool and playtime in the snow which was plentiful. There was a major snowstorm while we were there so Coop played in the snow for the first time ever and with Grandma. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderfully loving and generous mom - thank you, Mom!
After a few days in Jersey we headed back to CT for a few more days and then finally returned to CA on the 30th. It was a wonderful trip!
We planned to head to Iowa on Thursday night to meet up with several other moms and their kids at a resort with an indoor water park but the Lord had other plans and we couldn't get on a flight to get there. We were disappointed but Bob set out to craft a fun weekend for us here at home.
I still took Friday off and caught up on sleep while Cooper was at daycare and then had a great workout at the gym. When I got back from the gym Bob was home with Cooper and he'd placed the daily daycare report on the counter for me to see and I couldn't believe my eyes. Cooper sat on the potty
Traveling with a potty trained child will be great because diapers take up so much baggage space. But I know it also means random runs to the bathroom too and unexpected accidents, etc. Still exciting stuff though.
So last night we hung out at home and enjoyed some vegetarian chili and nachos in front of the TV and today we are on our way to Have breakfast with my mother in law and then we are heading to Disneyland! Cooper has been there a few times but each time has been unique due to him being at different developmental stages so it's fun every time. I'm excited for a fun day and we have great weather today here - expected to be 73 and dry/clear skies!
Tomorrow we will join Bob for a fun Superbowl party at our friends' house - it's an annual tradition that we would have missed if we had gone to Iowa. And if course it'll be nice to get back to church since we haven't been in a few weeks due to traveling. I was really sad about not getting to Iowa but it's amazing how the Lord truly knows what we need and provides it. I definitely needed quality time with Bob, needed to see my mother in law, and needed to get back to church - so here we are!
UPDATE 3/1/11: So, it turns out Cooper did not actually pee on the potty - but he did sit on it...I got the real scoop from the teacher a couple weeks ago when I asked about it. That's ok though - he's showing no interest at home so we'll see what spring/summer brings before we really get into the training - for now we wait and see.
2 comments:
Cooper! Wondering how you were :) DId you like the snow? If so, you can have ours.
Love, Victoria
I bet there will be a lot of naked days with the potty trianing :) Oh what fun!
XOXOX
Post a Comment