Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cooper, City Slicker

Earlier this month, Coop enjoyed his first ever visit to the Big Apple. I had a business trip and Bob was away so I took my little man along and arranged for Grandma to meet us in NYC so that I could attend a meeting and give Coop and Grandma quality time together. I a few hours off myself so that the three of us could do some fun things together.


As you might expect, Cooper's priority was to see....the zoo!  So off we went to the Central Park Zoo.  We also had a carriage ride around the park, followed by a romp around FAO Schwartz where Cooper was thoroughly spoiled. 


Coop even rode the subway. It sure would be fun (I think) to know what is on a kid's mind at times like that. He seemed pretty stoked as the subway launched and he shouted "weeeeee!!" with a big ear-to-ear grin on his face.


After my full day of meetings was complete we headed to Penn Station and boarded an Amtrak train headed for Hartford where we spent the weekend with my folks so Coop could see Papa and play with his 6 year old cousin.  


We had a short but fun trip and we're excited about the next one being planned for April. I'm working on convincing Bob to come along with Cooper when I head to Colorado for a couple days. If not, then I know we'll have fun on our DC trip later in the spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had such a good time!!! He and I walking around mid-town - playing at the zoo - - he loved the cab rides too! Can't wait for the next trip!! Love Grandma