Thursday, September 3, 2009

He's walking!

Yup, it's finally happened. He's been taking a few steps here or there without holding onto something, but mostly he's been cruising along furniture and walls and pushing toys and furniture around - until this morning. Bob and I didn't see it until this afternoon when he was walking around the living room as we stood there talking to the nanny and suddenly we both noticed at the same time and said "hey! look!". The nanny assumed he'd been doing it for a couple days because she was off yesterday and she said he was doing it all morning and didn't say anything because she thought we knew.

So, of course, we've been trying to catch it on video and the little stinker gets back down on his knees every time we pull it out to catch his new walking skills. So we'll keep trying and I'll post a video as soon as I'm able to capture it and post it. :)

Once it hit us what was happening, Bob looked at me and said "we're in so much trouble now!" Yup, we certainly are.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for Cooper! Bob and I were able to see the girls' first steps together, too. Isn't it great to share those firsts with the hubby? :)Have fun with your soon-to-be-running little man!

Anonymous said...

We cannot wait to see a video!!!!

Lissa said...

Yes, you are definitely in trouble! If Cooper is anything like Colton, the "Cooper-Proofing" will never end! Sorry to say it. But I know you've already gathered that from reading my blog....although you are still one step ahead of us since you already have your furniture tethered to the walls because of earthquakes.

Amanda said...

Yippee! And yes, you are totally in trouble but it is nice not to have to carry them around all the time!