One of our favorite tourist attractions to take Cooper to is the zoo. He's been to three different zoos (Naples, FL, and Los Angeles and San Diego, CA) and to the L.A. Zoo three times - so five times in less than two years. Cooper loves animals, but he loves water and fish even more (he's been to two different aquariums plus Sea World). So today at the L.A. Zoo his favorite "exhibit" was....a waterfall. LOL Don't get me wrong - he enjoyed seeing the gorilla (he LOVES monkeys) and the giraffes (especially the baby one that kept stretching his neck toward us as we stood watching), but he goes cookoo over waterfalls and other water features everywhere we go. It will not surprise me if we find him pursuing hobbies and/or a career involving water (swimming, boating, fishing, oceanography, etc.).
It was a beautiful day in L.A. - about 68 degrees and sunny. It felt good to walk around and take in the fresh air (well, maybe not the air surrounding the flamingo exhibit - stinky!). Cooper was thrilled when I took him out of the stroller and put his little monkey harness/leash thing on him and let him walk and run around. He really likes his new monkey harness which is a relief because he wasn't too fond of the plain backpack version we had tried with him previously. When he wasn't wearing the monkey one, he was hugging it in the stroller as we walked around enjoying the sites and sounds at the zoo.



3 comments:
What a fun family day out! (I'm jealous of the weather) :)
Sounds and looks like fun! I bought Jonathan a monkey "leash" last summer, but we haven't used it yet. Steven thinks it is wrong to put our little Fonnie on a "leash." I'm just waiting until Daddy has to chase toddler boy around a few times; then he'll join team leash! I'd put money on it, I'm so sure I'm right about this one! Hahaha!
Cooper loved the leash and ovbviously you don't pull it like you might a dog LOL. But it gave him freedom to run which he adored. AND it tired him out.........we used it at the mall the other night too and he loves running around............Grandma
Post a Comment