Sunday, February 14, 2010

Booster seat debut

Cooper successfully used a booster seat for the first time ever at dinner tonight. It was completely unplanned but when he threw a fit about being put into the restaurant highchair I thought fast on my feet and asked for a booster seat. I was trying to save us from having to order take out for our Valentines Day dinner out. Thankfully it worked! He was thrilled to get to sit next to Dad in the booth with the help of a booster seat (with no seat belt). He stayed in the seat and ate dinner and was an angel the entire time. Way to go, Cooper!

5 comments:

JEN said...

What a little man!!

Happy Family said...

just needed some independence I suppose! Love the daddy son photo! Hugs

Nicole said...

Way to go Coop! Junior is tall enough now that more often then not he prefers to not use a booster. :( We only let him go sans-booster in booths. Otherwise he's in a highchair (although that's becoming a monster in itself) He's even demanding to eat his snacks in "da" seat at home. (the seat next to his where Chris sits at dinner). These boys need to quit growing!!!!

Lissa said...

Julie, I totally recommend the Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster. Its $25 at Target. We got one for Colton before he was even 1 to keep in the trunk of the car and use at restaurants (after working in a restaurant I will never put my child in one they provide). A while back Colton went on a high chair strike at home so the booster came in the house. Now we have two: One in the house and one in the car. He eats way better for us at home now that he can sit at the table like a big boy and we've never had problems at restaurants. (Oh, and it fold down so its compact, easy to transport, with no crevices so its easy to clean)

I love the picture of Bob and Cooper. And happy to hear that he did well for you at dinner.

Anonymous said...

I love this photo. Cooper looks so pleased with himself doesn't he? Love, Mom