He had a great day. I let him sleep in this morning even though it put me behind schedule but I couldn't bear to make him get up when he was so happily asleep in my bed. Side note - We aren't co-sleeping anymore but we have a deal that if he wakes up and it is light outside then he can come to our bed and snuggle before we get up for the day. Ever since then he promptly jumps out of bed as soon as he sees sunlight stream into his room and grabs up all of his favorite stuffed animals (all wild jungle animals right now) and his sippy cup and he climbs up into my bed. It is so cute and even though it can happen as early as 6am I'm ok with it because it means he's stayed in his bed up until that point ;). But, I digress.
Finally I realized if I didn't get him up and dressed and off to daycare I'd blow my work call schedule so I whispered in his ear a reminder that the sooner he gets to school the sooner I can meet him there for lunch with birthday cupcakes. He sat straight up and said "cupcakes!?" :)
Fast forward to lunch time - I brought cupcakes decorated with Toy Story characters - enough for the whole class - and headed over during my lunch hour. When I walked in Cooper was so excited to see me and have me there for lunch. I thought he was just excited about the cupcakes but while all the other kids were jumping up and down going crazy over the boxes of cupcakes I placed on the counter, Cooper stayed in his chair and patted the chair next to him with his hand while saying "sit here with me, Mama." So I sat and talked to him while he had his lunch and then we all sang happy birthday to him and his birthday buddy in the class (a boy that was born the same day, in the same hospital with the help of the same doctor - in fact, Cooper's early arrival caused the other boy's scheduled c/section delivery to be delayed by several hours - sorry!).
After work, I picked him up, treated him to dinner from Chick-fil-a, and headed over to church for Bible study and he got to play with lots of his buddies while I was with my study group.
We missed having Bob home for Cooper's big day but he had to work so we will have a nice small birthday family dinner together when Bob gets home. And this weekend we'll be taking Cooper to see Cars 2 :) which I know he'll love. Ka-chow! ;)
We love you so much, Cooper Mitchell Olsen! You've come a long way,
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Cooper! ~ Joanna and Sabrina
He is such a gift. You are such a great Mommy too! Happy Birthday to YOU for having him and keeping him happy and healthy these first wonderful years! I am so happy we are Mommy buddies!
xoxoxoxox
Gina
Post a Comment