This is what Cooper yelled excitedly as he peed into the toilet for the first time ever. He has sat on it every day for months at daycare and only recently was he willing to do so at home but never before did anything happen other than sitting and insisting "it's coming!". Until tonight!
I decided I'd just sit there for as long as it took since I knew he was due to "go". I almost gave up but he insisted "it's coming!" so I was patient and we talked about our day at the zoo. Then I remembered to turn on the faucet and within just a couple minutes there were cheers! haha
We've heeded the wise advice of many experienced parents and experts to wait until he wants to do it and not push. We will continue to encourage but not push and hopefully by the end of summer he will be out of diapers. Oh how I hope and pray that will be true because travel will be so much easier without hauling diapers around, I think. :)
Cooper is two for two more days! I can't believe it's been three years since God blessed us with this amazing child.
1 comment:
Oh, Cooper! Happy birthday! I've been praying for your mommy. You are so lucky to have such a strong and determined mommy!!! Hugs!
Post a Comment