Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Cooper the destructo"

Bob's new nickname for Cooper is "destructo" because he gets into EVERYTHING and tries like he dickens to destroy whatever it is he is into. He is obsessed with the plantation shutters in the house and he reaches for the slats and slams them up and down repeatedly until one of the slats loses a staple and comes loose from the rail. He throws everything when he's done with whatever it is - food included. ;/

Today while I was making dinner and had the refrigerator open to pull some ingredients out he decided to climb in and cause some trouble. He was cracking up as he eyed the shelves so I snapped a picture. The minute I turned around to set the camera down, he reached in and pulled all the yogurts off the shelf and onto the floor (7-8 of them!). He spent the next few minutes in a baby time out in the pack 'n play - mainly so I could finish making dinner without worrying about a kitchen accident with "destructo" - he didn't mind as he proceeded to throw every toy that was in it, out of the pack 'n play and into the kitchen where I was standing! ;/

And, yes, that's duct tape on the freezer door handle! LOL Cooper pulled the lower trim piece off and the very next day I pulled the handle off when trying to open the door. I'm pretty weak in the upper body these days so it was truly a shock when it happened. The only way to get the door open was to tape the handle back on haha. The replacement parts are on the way but I sure wish I could have posted a picture of the look on Bob's face when he came home and found the freezer duct-taped. LOL!

4 comments:

JEN said...

However annoying it is, that is adorable!!

Lissa said...

I can't even imagine how much trouble he and Colton would get into together....

Love the picture

Amy T. said...

Lauren says, "Come on, Julie, let Cooper play in the fridge as much as he wants! My momma does! I even got the chocolate sauce open that daddy uses for his ice cream and took a chug! It was YUMMY!"

Nicole said...

Junior says,"Aww come on Julie... the fridge is a GREAT place to play! Mom had to put a lock on the dang fridge because she caught me opening it and getting into it. It was quite a bummer when I couldn't get it open anymore!"

I say he looks adorable! :) My mom calls Jr her "little mayhemmer" looks like Coop is right in there with him ;)