Those molars still haven't made an appearance - how long is this gonna take!? ;/ Thankfully, Cooper seems to be managing the process better - still getting up 2-3 times per night from it but that's OK - after all, I spent a year getting up with him every 2-3 HOURS every night and now when Bob is home I can make him get up with him so I can go back to sleep - it's a shame he doesn't hear Cooper since he sleeps more deeply than I do but at least I can kick him out of bed when it does happen haha ;).
This past week Cooper figured out how to use a straw. It took about a week of trying but he got it and we're glad about that because he hates the sippy cups (throws them) and I was starting to really worry that we'd never get him away from bottles. We're still using bottles but now that he can use a straw I think I'll pick up some of those kids' cups with straws and tops on them and see if we can use that for the transition instead of the sippies. If anyone has any other ideas on this please let me know - I'm all ears! :)
So we decided to spend most of the weekend in San Diego to treat Cooper to some wild life. Monkeys - that was Cooper's favorite exhibit at the San Diego Zoo on Saturday. Ever since seeing the gorillas, if he hears someone make the "who who who" type sound, Cooper launches into a facial and audio imitation of them. It's quite funny. We need to get it on video but meantime just trust me when I say it cracks everyone up. At breakfast Sunday morning at the hotel he had a family in stitches at the next table over because he wouldn't stop doing it. Apparently, I did the same thing as a kid and there's an embarrassing story to go along with it which I will NOT be telling on the blog haha!
Sunday we enjoyed a day at Sea World. Cooper LOVES aquariums - he just has an absolute ball watching fish swim. It was hilarious when he threw himself against the glass at the manatee rescue exhibit and wouldn't stop yelling at the fish and manatees as they swam by him. He jumped up and down and clapped throughout the dolphin show too. I'm thinking oceanographer in the making? What's really wild about his love for sea life is that it's something that I've always loved too. I'm so glad Cooper is developing an appreciation for animals and sea life from the very start. I'm not sure our dog is as glad as me since she has to receive the brunt of that "love" every day. LOL
It was a great weekend before my next chemo treatment tomorrow. It was exhausting for me though and I was leaning on Cooper's stroller most of the time and had to pause, sit and rest numerous times - but it may only get harder with each cycle so I just had to be sure to take advantage of these feel good days at the end of the first cycle for Cooper - seeing his excitement was so rewarding and fun.
2 comments:
Motts makes a juice box called Motts for Tots. They are 1/2 juice and 1/2 water. The straws are toddler sized, too. Jonathan hated sippy cups, too, but loved straws. I finally found a sippy cup with a soft, pressure yielding top, rather than just the spout part being that way. If it helps you feel better, Jonathan refused sippy cups for a couple of months and would only drink out of straws, too. I used to cut adult sized straws in half for him to use. Love the gorilla imitation story about Cooper! I think you SHOULD share your gorilla imitation story from your childhood, too, though!
Sounds like a great weekend! You will have to video Cooper's monkey impression for us!
I'm still really hoping to get to the monteray bay aquarium next summer. If we do, perhaps you, bob and cooper could meet us up there! (although I know its still a few hours from you)
Post a Comment