Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bob is my hero!

Yay! Bob is home! Of course, he might not be as happy about that due to all that he needs to get done in such a short period of time. But, he loves me and is so worried about me that he's focused - very focused - on getting things ready for me so that I'll be ok when he leaves again Tuesday.

Since Bob arrived home he's been working non-stop to get his normal between-trip tasks done and also help get things situated in the house so that I'll be self-sufficient when he heads out again. He's being so sweet and supportive and making sure I'll be ok, and when he sees me out of bed he promptly requires a reason why I'm not in bed - I had to remind him that I do have bathroom privileges otherwise his support would require a new level of involvement that I'm sure he'd not appreciate haha!! There is no doubt that I will do everything I'm supposed to do and nothing that I am forbidden from doing because I'm determined to bring this precious little baby boy into our home safe and sound come July.

Bob enlisted the neighbor's help to lug the refrigerator upstairs today and get it set up so that tomorrow he can stock it with everything I'll need while he's away. Besides helping hoist appliances up the stairs, the neighbors have been so wonderful and supportive - offering their help in a variety of ways. Several of them have offered to make runs to the store for me as needed, or to take the dog for a walk, and things like that. We're so blessed to have such wonderful and caring neighbors. It really makes me feel better knowing that I am not completely alone when Bob is away.

Tonight I will pray for our baby, as I do every night, and I will also pray that my employer will allow me to keep working during my bedrest time so that I can keep my mind stimulated and have help passing the time during the week since I have a long road ahead of me - 5 months of bedrest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for wonderful husbands and great neighbors!

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt that I will do everything I'm supposed to do and nothing that I am forbidden from doing because I'm determined to bring this precious little baby boy into our home safe and sound come July.


Love this sentiment...how true.