Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy feet

Work helps me get through the week by making the days pass quickly because I'm focused and have a lot to get done. When Friday at 5:30pm arrived I quickly realized that TGIF wasn't ringing true for me since I can't leave the house and anything I can do must be done while laying down.

Well, we have TONS of channels on cable TV so how bad could it be, right? I guess TV channels are a lot like clothing - you can have a ton of stuff in your closet and yet still manage to have nothing to wear! OMG the weekends has the worst TV ever - especially Friday night and Saturday. So I spent most of Friday night and Saturday surfing the web. Thankfully, I had a visitor on Saturday which was such a nice surprise - my dear neighbor stopped by with a bag of bagels and a muffin for me -- so totally sweet of her!! She hung out and we chatted for a few minutes and it was so great to have a real social visit. :) Yay!

FINALLY on Sunday I stumbled on some decent programming and soon enough I was tapping my feet to the soundtrack of Happy Feet, the movie. Well that was good entertainment for two hours LOL. Soon enough 60 Minutes will be on and then I can look forward to Monday morning to get back to work (how sick is THAT!?).

I'm going to have to get some needlepoint projects or SOMETHING to help me get through the weekends. :)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Your right - weekend TV does SUCK! When my husband has to work I usually end up watching the food network all weekend. But then that makes me hungry - and you know how that vicious circle goes. ;) So Happy Feet was worth watching??? (I'm a kid movie fanatic but haven't seen that one yet)

Julie said...

Hi Nicole - yes, Happy Feet is really cute. I'm a fanatic for the kids' movies too and this one is definitely up there on my list.

Anonymous said...

Loved Happy Feet too, as did Josh and I still love kids' movies too:) Ahhh...yes....the boredom of bedrest:) I actually found myself waiting to find out "who the father is" on Maury!! Yuck! Netflix became my BFF!!:) LOL!