This morning I notified work that I'd be having surgery and would be off starting this afternoon, but returning Monday. I participated in some conference calls and wrapped up a few loose ends before logging off for the rest of the week.
My mom arrived in the late afternoon. She called me from the car to let me know she was on her way. The airline (AA) put her bag on the wrong flight - but tracked it down and said they'd deliver it to my house tonight (we'll see!).
It was so great to see mom when she walked through the door. There's nothing like having your mommy when you're scared or not feeling well. I really wished Bob was here but he couldn't be since he JUST got back to work a month ago after being off for several months.
Mom did a good job of keeping my mind off the situation today. We watched tv, ordered take-out, and sifted through baby name books. She saw quickly why I hadn't bothered to spend much time searching for a name - the books are pretty ridiculous - seems like there's none that fit even though there's thousands of names in each book. Kind of like having 3 closets of clothes but having nothing to wear. LOL
I had to have a pretty big dinner and lots of fluids because once the clock strikes midnight all food and fluids are off limits. The surgery isn't until 2pm tomorrow so by then I'm going to be starving - ugh. I'm going to try to sleep in as long as possible to try to ignore the hunger pangs I usually have when I wake up. It's going to be hard though since Hunter is sure to wake me at 6am as usual for her food and first potty trip of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment