My first official Mother's Day as a mommy was fabulous. Though, I have been telling Bob that last year was my first Mother's Day when I was just a month away from giving birth to our amazing son - but he (Bob) said it wasn't official til the baby was "here". Men! It's OK though because he made up for it by making my day GREAT.
When I woke up, Cooper and Bob presented me with an envelope containing sheer bliss - FOUR - yup, FOUR - days at my favorite spa, including a facial and pedicure or any other service of equivalent value. Did I mention that I'll get to spend FOUR days at the spa!? O-M-G! Yeah baby!!! That means I'll have Mother's Day 4 more times this year when Bob takes Cooper for the day so I can be pampered all day at the spa - FOUR TIMES.
After I stopped jumping up and down in bed, I got up and got ready to meet my friend and her baby out for a nice challenging walk to Starbucks with the babies. We had a fun time, enjoying coffee and people watching. We were passed by on our walk by many people, all of whom wished us a happy Mother's Day! It was so nice. Then we had the uphill trek back which was challenging but good for my cake-enhanced rear (can't remember if I blogged about my week of cake eating following Bob's birthday BBQ - if not, well there you have it, we ate cake for a week haha).
In the afternoon, my friend Kristy and her daughter, Addison, came by for some BBQ dinner and a playdate with Cooper. Addison was born 3 days after Cooper and they were both born at 35 weeks old. During their visit, Cooper decided he needed to impress Addie with his rhythm and dance skills because both were in full force all evening. As soon as music comes on Cooper starts to dance in his seat - it's hilarious.
Bob grilled burgers, sausages, and corn on the cob. I threw together some pasta salad and Caesar salad and cut up some watermelon, and Kristy brought the most AMAZING brownies which of course I'll be eating all week long since she wouldn't take any of them home with her. Kristy!! ;) You rock, girl!
We wrapped up the day by watching the recorded finale of Celebrity Apprentice and we're thrilled that Joan Rivers kicked that nasty mouthed, back-stabbing Annie Duke at the champion title. Go Joan!
The only things that could have made this day more perfect were if I could wish my mom a happy Mother's Day in person and if Diana could have been with us for dinner tonight. Miss you, Diana!
Stay tuned for cute pics of Cooper and Addie to be posted soon. Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there! Hope you had a wonderful day.
4 comments:
Happy 1st Mother's Day Jules!!!
Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day! Bonus on the spa passes!
Hi, Julie! I'm so glad you enjoyed your first Mother's Day...it really is such a special privilege! Of course, since my kids are mostly teenagers now, I don't get much attention but I figure it'll come around in a few years when they figure out that they appreciate me again!
Love, Wanda
Awwww thank you! I wish I were there too! We need to start planning our Disney vacation again! Next year isn't coming fast enough!
Oh! I hope you are having fun at the spa! Leave me all alone with no one to yack with all day.... I see how it is! :oP
Post a Comment