Monday, May 18, 2009

Time to plan Cooper's 1st birthday!

It just blows my mind that we're already planning Cooper's first birthday party. How has a year already passed since this precious amazing boy entered our lives!?

We're excited that we'll be able to have Cooper's birthday party on his actual birthday - June 21st - because Bob managed to get that weekend off of work (yay Bob!).

So we're in the throws of planning this party. I ordered the invitations over the weekend and they'll be here at the end of the week. I created a new blog for the save-the-date which is being emailed to the party invitees sometime today. Now I have to figure out how to entertain both adults and kids at the same time - though I think we'll mostly have adults here.

We're excited but a bit freaked out that he's nearly a year old already! Wow, where has the year gone!? OK, truth be told I know exactly where the year has gone since it's been filled with joy, fear, excitement, stress, sleeplessness, laughter, tears...you name it and we seem to have had it this past year. Every second, every minute, every hour and every day all totally worth it.

We're so proud of Cooper and love him so very much. Now I understand what people mean when they say they can't imagine their lives without their child(ren).

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I think every parent goes through the joy, the fear and the exhaustion ;)

Nicole said...

and I hit enter before I could add: I am trying to work out how Jr and I can make it down! My niece shares a birthday w/ Coop (she's turning 16!!!) BUT her party is on Sat ;)

JEN said...

Julie - your little baby is becoming a boy :) I'm impressed that you are organized and sending out invites....

Gillian said...

Wish we could come! You'll have a ball! It just gets better year after year...although I do miss my sweet little baby who is now such a BOY! While we were on vacation, he had a very lengthy convervsation with a woman riding the bus with us...well he proceeded to tell her a story that began w/ "When I was a little man, I had a paci', now I'm a big man and I don't need it anymore!" LOL!

Steve and Amy Beth said...

Too exciting for Cooper...and Mommy and Daddy, too! I still have a hard time calling Jonathan a toddler instead of a baby bc it seems he is growing up soooo fast! I'm sure you feel this way about Cooper, too, Julie!

Anonymous said...

You ask where did the year go.......I ask where have the last 37 years gone!!! I still remember your first birthday.....treasure every moment. I can't wait to get my hands on Coop again!! What kind of cake will he get? Love, Mom