The past few nights have been brutal - with Cooper waking up every 1-2 hours. I thought we were done with that nonsense after a highly successful round of sleep training a month ago. Ugh. So last night I figured we need to start again with the training and I decided to go gentle on him of course and do 3 minute intervals before going in to check/console, etc. Well it worked just fine - for an hour each time! ;/
In the morning my dad said he is certain that he was crying out of pain. I noticed my friends' facebook statuses (those with babies at the same age as Cooper) were mentioning molars and sleep issues so I figured I'd better take a look. The second my finger hit his gums I knew - there's a giant swollen bump on the lower left side where a molar is trying to come up. Poor Cooper! (and, bad mommy!)
Tonight we put him to bed with teething tabs and some Motrin - let's hope it works. It's hard to believe we're at molars already....though he turns 13 months tomorrow so I guess it's time. Time sure is flying by!
3 comments:
Mia's molars were a biatch!!! She's always been a pretty good sleeper, and the night her first molar made its debut, she wailed absolutely nonstop from 10pm - 6am. There was nothing we could do but take turns holding and cuddling her all night, and none of us got a wink of sleep. But, once that little bugger was in, she went back to normal. Hope Cooper is feeling better!
holy, molars! they must really suck! poor cooper! hayzens still working ont he front ones :)
Hope Cooper's teeth came in and that he's feeling better. Colton has the 2 top molars in and the bottom two are REALLY swollen and bothering him
Post a Comment