Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Dada"

OK, it's official. Cooper is saying "Dada" regularly now. The first time I heard it, Bob wasn't even home. I didn't believe I was hearing it at the time - maybe because I know Cooper was mad at me and was whining loudly and I didn't want to believe that I was hearing him call his daddy because he was mad at the mommy LOL.

Last night after dinner Cooper just belted it out. Dada! Da! Da! Dada! Bob and I kept looking at each other funny and trying to figure out if we really heard him say it or if was more wishful thinking. Bob just informed me he's said it several times again today.

So there it is! Dada before mama. I'm OK with that. But now we'll be encouraging the "mama" more and more haha.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

A wise woman once told me don't be upset about him saying Dada - first or more in the beginning.. the "d" sound is easier at this age for them to say and besides.. they cry for mama a whole lot more as they get older then they do for Dad ;) So let Bob enjoy it while he can :D

Amanda said...

I remember my pediatrician in the US telling me when Raymond was a baby that 'mama' was her first child's 40th (or thereabouts) word, after such important things as socks and shoes! I believe it was Raymond's 13th word. I can tell you since he started saying 'mommy', he has said it about 1,000,000 more times than 'daddy'! :) Some days, I want to change my name!

Diana said...

Haha! Elijah did that too! What I find funny is that Elijah says Dada when I am feeding him a food he doesn't like!