Last night while out running errands with Cooper, the navigation system/screen, stereo, and power steering in my car all failed at the same time. I got us home safely and called the service manager at the dealer to leave him a message since it was 7 pm already but he picked up the phone. Well, it's a good thing I talked to him because based on what I described he said the car was not safe to drive (OMG!) - he said I needed to have it towed in. We headed up to bed and Cooper proceeded to wake me up EVERY HOUR all night long. When he decided it was time to be up for the day at 6:30 am I was just exhausted and dreading the running around I knew I'd be doing to deal with the car and to get Cooper to his doctor appointment.
So first thing this morning I called the BMW roadside assistance and arranged for them to come get my car and bring it to the dealer. To get it accessible for the tow truck, I pulled it out of the garage but noticed it was slow to start. Well, when the tow truck driver tried drive it up onto the flat bed it wouldn't start at all so he had to jump start it. As this was happening the nanny arrived. I got Cooper situated in the house with her and then had my neighbor drive me to the dealer so I could pick up a loaner car, expecting that this might take longer than a day to fix. Got to the dealer, got a loaner, picked up a latte and got home and started working. Within an hour of getting home the service manager called me and said it was all due to a bad cell in the battery - the battery was replaced and everything is normal again and I can go pick it up. So at lunch time I ran the loaner car back over and got my car. Yay!
At 2 pm I had to head out and take Cooper to Dr.C's office (lung specialist) for his monthly Synagis shots (RSV antibodies). Cooper was happy and playing in his car seat and continued to be silly happy and playful at the doc's office (little did he know what was about to happen - poor kid!). They weighed him to figure out the proper amount of the shots to give him and then checked his ears, took his temp, and listened to his lungs - everything looked and sounded perfect which was great to hear since we abruptly stopped the Singulair 2 weeks ago. They didn't even think he needed anything in place of the Singulair - yay!
He weighed in at 19 lbs, 11 oz.
Due to the amount of the Synagis he requires, they have to give it in 2 injections so they do both shots at once - one in each leg - 2 nurses administering them simultaneously. They do that so the brain is tricked into feeling the pain only once. He cried for about 4 seconds and then he started smiling and giggling again! The nurses said they'd love for him to teach the other babies how to take the shots since he's so good at it. LOL
We got home, I checked in on some work stuff, and then a little while later my friend Tara (who will be delivering a baby boy next week) arrived and we headed out for dinner. Cooper giggled and smiled and checked everyone out the entire time. He even let me feed him a half container of pears and pineapple - happily opening his mouth for me from start to finish (that NEVER happens). He is trying to make a liar out of me LOL. I told Tara that she'll need to come by my house at dinner time every night since apparently he needs an audience in order to be a good eater. LOL.
We got home and Cooper continued to be giggly and silly so I decided I would try to get him to eat a bit more (hopeful that it might help things on the sleep front) and miraculously he willingly ate 1/3 of a stage 1 container of sweet potato. I didn't want to stuff him too much and make his belly ache since he's not used to eating more than a half container at dinner time and by this point we were up to 1/2 of a stage 2 container at the restaurant plus 1/3 of a stage 1 container at home.
He kept giggling so it was time to call Bob and let him in on the fun. Thankfully Cooper gave Bob a great giggle show. Bob was wanting to know what I slipped in his food to make him so happy. ;/
The day was nuts but Cooper and his cuteness helped make up for it with all that giggling and great behavior while out at dinner. Thank you mister Cooper :). Now, can you PLEASE let mommy get some decent sleep tonight? Pretty please!!!??!!!
1 comment:
Jr eats better with an audience too.. I think they like to show off their skills! Glad you got your car situation fixed... sounds VERY scary!!!
Post a Comment