Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sleep is on the horizon!!!!!! Big weekend plans =)

Tonight my close friend, Kori, is arriving in LA for a long weekend visit. I am taking Friday off of work so that she and I can go up to Santa Barbara for a day of girly fun. We're going to shop, visit a winery and do some wine-tasting, get a massage, eat lots of food, drink plenty of wine, and.....drum roll please.....enjoy a full night of uninterrupted sleep - for the first time since before Cooper was born. If I survive the night and don't feel stressed and worried and want to rush back home Saturday morning then we'll proceed on to Solvang for a morning of touristy shopping and lunch and then we'll head back home after lunch. =)

Cooper and Bob are staying home for a boys' night and Bob has been instructed to call me with updates occasionally (but only when Cooper is not crying in the background LOL) so that I won't have to call and be worried about waking up the baby since I know it'll be a bit harder for him to get Cooper to nap and sleep. Bob wants to only call if there's an emergency but I'm thinking I'll need the occasional calls for reassurance that all is great so I won't worry.

I've documented all the things Bob needs to do while I'm away - not a honey-do list but the list of instructions for Cooper's medications and meals, and Hunter's medication too. I've even pulled out what I need to pack in my away bag - including Tylenol PM just in case I find myself laying awake and worrying, and earplugs just in case there is some construction or other noise that might prevent me from falling asleep - I'm NOT going to let this opportunity fail to meet my expectations LOL.

I'm sooooooo excited. Fingers crossed that all goes well and I get that great night of sleep I've been so looking forward to and have a fun time with my friend who I've missed so much. This is the first time we'll have seen each other in 11 years!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Julie! Pamper yourself -- you so deserve it! :)

We're expecting pics once you return LOL

Patty said...

Congrats on your girls' weekend! I predict that once you fall asleep, you'll be passed out for at least 6 hours before waking up, your body knows you need and deserve it. Sweet dreams...

Steve and Amy Beth said...

Niiiiiiice! Have fun! Cooper is in excellent, loving, capable hands with Bob--you go, have a fun, relaxing time, and enjoy! May you have the most comfy bed ever, too! Drink a glass of red for me!

JEN said...

ooooohhh Julie! I'm excited just hearing about it. Have a super duper great time and try not to worry about Cooper. Easier said than done I know :)

Amy T. said...

We hope you had a great night's sleep! Make sure you check out iV to see the predictions that the other ladies were making! Me personally - I voted for "passed out"!!!