Cooper sure is having fun while Grandma visits. He gets to experiment with new food just about every day. This morning he had oatmeal (the grown-up kind) with real milk in it! He only tooted a few times during the day and didn't complain of a tummy ache so I'm optimistic and hopeful that he isn't actually lactose intolerant but we'll see - we'll introduce it slowly by mixing it into his foods this way and see how he does. He also had his usual number of dirty diapers so it doesn't appear to be having the constipation effect on him like it did a few months ago so that's good. :)
At dinner time he grabbed my piece of corn on the cob and gnawed on it for 15 minutes! LOL He didn't actually eat much of it but he chewed on it and was happy doing so. He wouldn't let me take it back to eat it myself or to pick off pieces of corn to put in his mouth. We gave him more oatmeal with his dinner and mixed in some bananas too. He didn't take much interest in his chicken & apples which normally is his favorite - but he was busy gobbling up the oatmeal and bananas and then my corn on the cob.
As mom was finishing up her dinner (after Cooper had strongly expressed that he was done with his dinner), she had him in her lap and he started reaching for her veggies. She decided to give him a taste of butternut squash and he squeeled in delight and asked for more. So he got more. I was a bit nervous about the squash since that's one of the foods his GI specialist said is known to stimulate reflux action (highly acidic) but he's been off the meds for a few months and has done great without them so I decided to just let it happen and see how it goes. He did spit up a tiny bit right before bed but didn't seem to bother him and it was not much at all so I think it's OK.
I'm so glad my mom is here to help with Cooper while I heal from surgery. He is really enjoying her and it's great for her to get this time with him since she doesn't get to see him very often due to living so far away. I told her to enjoy her sleep tonight because Bob goes back out to work tomorrow and she'll be on night time Cooper duty with me while he's away since I can't lift him up and he's still waking often throughout the night now that he's in his crib and getting adjusted.
Mom, thank you so much for being here. You are the most wonderful mother a person could have and you've been so incredibly helpful to us while we get through this craziness. I'm glad you were here today when I got some crappy news - a mommy hug is the best kind in the world. I love you.
3 comments:
You couldn't have kept me away with a typhoon - - I just wish I could make all the hurt and worry go away. But you will get through this - - remember when you were little and I taught you that there wasn't anything you couldn't do? I will always be here for you!! Love, Mom
I didn't know that about squash. Is it all squash or just butternut? I've been giving Colton Acorn Squash for quite some time and it never seemed to bother the reflux. He's been off meds about a month now and luckily doing well..although the diaper rash is back with a vengeance.
Glad to hear Cooper is doing so well for Grandma and that you have such amazing help while you recover
You do have one of the world's best Mommies, I have the other:) I am so glad she is there for you. Mommy hugs are indeed the best. Mine came into town yesterday and I couldn't wait to get my hug. I told my Mom about you, Julie and she was so upset. We're both so upset. We ended up the conversation by reminiscing and laughing about you and I as kids and how I never wanted to leave your house!! LOL! I also remembered how your grandmother would watch us during the day. I hadn't remembered this until yesterday...there was fence on Musket Trail loaded with raspberries that we'd pick. We'd each have a huge bowl of them and sit on your front porch and eat them all! Such great times...things were so sweet and simple! Remember the Barry women are pulling for you! We love you!
Post a Comment