Monday, June 15, 2009

Crib sleeping :)

It's been an ongoing saga, as you know - night time sleeping, Cooper not sleeping through the night, and the fact that we've been cosleeping for months. Now we need him in his crib because of my major surgery which we managed to get scheduled much quicker than anyone expected.

While at the hospital recovering, Bob and my mom have been working with Cooper on the crib sleeping front and so far it's going really well. Two nights in a row now Cooper has slept in his crib. He woke many times both nights but he was in the crib all night both nights so we have faith that each night he'll do better and better.

I will be going home either today or tomorrow and can't lift Cooper for 3-4 weeks. It'll be a major challenge since he's such a momma's boy and a cuddler, but we'll get through it. Meantime, the neighbors have been fantastic - stopping by to help mom out with Cooper - taking him on walks and playing with him. I'm so grateful for the support during this crazy time.

I'm also grateful to Bob and my mom for working with Cooper on the crib training while I have been in the hospital - it will be a huge help for when I'm home (for updates on my recovery, please visit my other blog: www.julieolsensjourney.blogspot.com).

4 comments:

Nicole said...

YEAH Mr. Coop!!! :) Junior can't wait to play with you!!! Hopefully your momma will feel good enough for a visit!

Steve and Amy Beth said...

Awesome job, Cooper! Your crib can be a comfy place to be, little man! As I tell my Jonathan, night-night time is imprortant, so you can play and have fun the next day! Yay, for you, Cooper!

Sarah said...

Each of the girls have slept with off and on at night since birth, with their cribs in our room. Friday night after a week of horrific nights (each baby waking at least 3 times) we decided that it was time for us to move furniture so that we weren't sharing a room with the girls anymore. Each night has gotten progressively better and both Katie and Addy are now sleeping 9-12 hours at a time with just one short waking that doesn't need us to get up to soothe. Hopefully in a couple more days you'll have quiet nights!! Happy homecoming!

kbeth said...

Yeah Cooper!!! I'm so happy to hear that he is doing well with sleeping in his crib. It will give you MUCH needed rest! My love to Cooper, Bob, Mom, Winnie, Hunter and of course YOU!!!