Monday, June 8, 2009

Finally, some good news

I had a PET/CT scan last Thursday to look and see if the cancer spread beyond my lymph nodes to other places. I told the facility and all of my doctors that I did not want the results until this week because I'd had enough bad news last week and couldn't handle anymore til I had family present. I am collecting and organizing all the reports to take to UCLA tomorrow so I had to have a copy of the PET/CT report faxed to me and I was going to grab it off the fax machine and just shove it into a folder and take it with me without looking at it. But I couldn't help it and I looked which was pretty stupid since I'm alone today. HOWEVER, it's good news - they didn't see any indications of cancer in the rest of my body!! This time I dropped to the floor and cried tears of joy. I wanted to share this very happy news with you too. The fight has just begun for me and it will be a long and annoying road with surgeries and treatments, but I have so much hope and determination, and an amazing support network that I KNOW I am going to beat this thing. Thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yippee! What great news to share with your Mom upon her arrival yesterday. And I totally would not have been able not to look at the report either. Sending continued happy and healthy thoughts!

Patty said...

That is such great news, I'm so glad to read that the cancer didn't spread. I love your positive outlook and attitude, it's the one thing you need the most, but the thing that is probably the hardest to maintain. I'll be following you on this journey, and sending you prayers and good thoughts along the way!!

kbeth said...

That is not good news, its FANTASTIC news! I remember when my mom got the result of her PET scan and she basically had the same reaction. Well, she didn't collapse on the floor shedding tears of joy, but there was a lot of crying and happiness in the room. If I recall correctly, I was the one who had to be picked up off the floor!

Keep fighting girl...we are all fighting with you!!!

JEN said...

Great news Julie. Great news. it made my day- we are all thinking and praying for you.

Christine said...

That is awesome news!! I have been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.