Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Truck!" and other utterings

As Cooper played in the living room today with the nanny by his side, a big truck drove down the street. Cooper heard it coming, stood up and looked out the window and yelled "truck!" Wow! Then the nanny told me that he said "thank you" to her three times this morning while I was out at an appointment. While we were discussing that, he threw his leg over a ride-on toy so he was straddling it and proceeded to use his feet/legs to move himself forward!

It's a shame there wasn't some video camera set up and pointed at me during all of this, it probably would have made for some great entertainment as my jaw hit the floor and then cheered and clapped for Cooper and then he yelled and clapped too!

I'm glad he's home and not in daycare - it's moments like these that keep me going through this very challenging time.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Is it wrong that I felt a sense of "My kid taught him that?!?!?" LOL!! Way to go Coop! Knew it wouldn't be long till you where riding those toys! Keep your mama smiling :) And please - no more throwing food at the dog/floor. And pass that along to your buddy Jr please :)

Patty said...

I'm jealous. Chase still just grunts (oh, and screams - alot). I don't get it... no interest whatsoever is uttering the words "dada" or "mama", and damn sure not even close to saying "truck"! So congrats to Coop! And keep that camcorder handy for these moments.

Steve and Amy Beth said...

He's a thinker and an observer, that Cooper! And now, he's also a communicator and a mover, just like his Mommy--and Daddy, too, of course, Bob! :) I'm so glad you have Cooper and he has you! He's a precious joy!