Saturday, June 20, 2009

Holy sleep!!

We have a record! Last night, Cooper gave us 7 consecutive hours of sleep - in the crib!! The last time he slept more than 3-4 consecutive hours was when he slept 5-6 hours one night and 8 hours the next after coming home from being hospitalized when he was 4 months old. Since then we've suffered through wakings ranging from every hour to every 2-3 hours. This past week since I came home from the hospital we've only needed to go into his room 3 times each night.

As many predicted, I was awake every 2-3 hours, laying in bed wondering if he was OK and then snuck into his room to confirm he was breathing. haha!

I'm so proud of my little man! Great job Cooper!!

He went to bed at 8 pm and was up crying twice before 9pm but then slept from 9 pm - 4 am! At 4 am I thought he might go back to sleep on his own (b/c a couple times before that I heard him wimper for a few seconds but fell right back to sleep on his own) but he got more and more upset as the 5-6 minute mark passed by and I knew from the type of cry that he was hungry. My mom brought a bottle in, picked him and and fed him in the rocking chair and he drank the full bottle and fell right back to sleep and slept 2 more hours after that!

Yay!!!

4 comments:

Lissa said...

Go Cooper!!! Sounds like the crib is starting to work. And maybe he also realizes now that Mommy really needs her sleep.

Alisha said...

YAY COOPER!!

Amanda said...

That is go great! So happy for all of you! And a HUGE Happy 1st Birthday to Cooper (a little early your time but it is the 21st where I am)!!!!!!

Amy T. said...

Yah! Cooper! Sleep is such a good thing for Firecrackers and their Mommies!