God blessed us with a baby boy who almost didn't make it out of the womb. We fought and prayed and on June 21, 2008, he arrived and changed our lives forever - in the most blessed and amazing way. This blog chronicles our journey of near-tragedy, extended bed rest (19 weeks), and the joys and tears along the way and ever since. Baby Olsen is a baby no more. He's our wonderfully loving, and bright little man, Cooper Mitchell Olsen.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Bob finally sports the Baby Bjorn
As I've mentioned before, Bob is the "nanny" on weekdays that he's home. He hasn't been too thrilled with the amount of time that Cooper requires to be entertained/stimulated (all waking moments) LOL and today it kind of came to a head when I had to walk away from my laptop and go tell Bob he needs to entertain the baby and not let him sit and cry and whine (Bob was busy watching the market on his laptop). I had to explain to him what the nanny does with Cooper when she's here and he just looked at me like I was nuts. "Yes, dear, you need to play with him, talk to him, sing to him, take him for walks." I wish I could have captured the look on his face with a photo. In response to this look (much like what you'd expect on the face of a deer caught in headlights on a country road), I asked Bob if he'd like me to have the nanny come full-time, including days that he is home. He said no. I was glad to hear that response - I love that he's so committed to Cooper and wants to spend his days off with him. I just need to get him prepared to make the most of that time for Cooper and find ways that Bob can also enjoy his love of the market - it'll be challenging since the market is a real-time thing just like Cooper demands real-time attention. I'm confident he'll figure it out...after all...he asked for the Baby Bjorn after this conversation took place. I was shocked and thrilled that Bob wanted to start wearing Cooper around to try to have both of their needs met. :) So here are my boys....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah for Bob! Chris has been sporting Jr in our baby carrier for quite sometime - and he LOVES IT! Hope that Bob comes to the same conclusion ;)
Good for you!
I have a 6 month old who loves it during outings and such. He likes to push the cart when I get the groceries!! Love the baby bjorn!
Post a Comment