Cooper must be having a serious growth spurt right now. He's drinking a TON of formula at night (between about 8pm - 7am he's averaging 20+ ounces!) and he's taking long and frequent naps. This morning, for example, after being awake for just an hour or so he fell asleep and napped for 2 hours! I was thrilled with that nap because I was still so tired myself that I took him back to bed with me and we both slept - yay! This afternoon too - he's laying on me now and has been asleep for 2 hours already and showing no sign of waking up yet.
To be clear, I am NOT complaining! :) He's been eating crazy amounts and napping frequently and for longer than usual for nearly a week now. The only challenging part is the increased # of diaper changes at night time because he is drinking so much. Twice in the past four days I've had to strip the bed and wash everything because I didn't notice at the right time that his diaper was full and leaked all over the sheets haha! And this happened even though his diaper had been changed three times since going to bed! Seriously - maybe "pooper" isn't the right nickname anymore! LOL
It looks like Cooper is also getting ready to start another round of teething. The gums covering his top two front teeth look just a tiny bit more red and puffy than usual - not much swelling but enough for me to notice so we might be in for a rough week or so ahead. If he could get both of those out of the way like he did with the bottom two coming in at the same time that would be good.
4 comments:
During Chase's last growth spurt, he was just like Cooper - drinking three 7-oz bottles from 7 pm to 6 am. And I was sooo loving the extended nap schedule as well!
I'm still waiting on Chase's bottom teeth, I hope them little suckers pop through soon, he's been teething them forever.
Oh I hope he keeps sleeping better for you!
Congrats on the new and improved nap times! :) It's the little victories.
We can exchange nicknames for a while if you'd like b/c Mr. Emmett John has become more of a pooper lately with much the same result you've been having. lol
Love the new photo of Cooper! Aren't those "captured the personality"shots the best ever?! :) Yay for the extra sleep--it sounds like the upped dosage of meds is helping, which is great! We go for Jonathan's 9 month checkup (actually only days away from being a 10 month checkup)Monday night and will be asking the dr if Fonaphinney's meds can be reduced even further and/or meds can be stopped soon. What a difference a couple of months can make with AR. Enjoy the weekend and let us know how the food feeding goes!
Post a Comment