Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pears are a hit!

Until yesterday, the only solid foods that Cooper deemed tolerable was bananas and sweet potato. He still pursed his lips closed to attempt to prevent the spoon from entering his mouth, but once the food was in he didn't make an awful face or pretend to gag or scream in protest. So we've stayed with these two foods for about a week - bananas in the morning, sweet potato in the evening.

Yesterday we introduced pears. He started out with the locked mouth approach as usual but once he tasted them he actually opened his mouth a few times to welcome the spoon. I figured it was just a fluke and he must have forgotten how much he hates solid food. Well at lunch time today I received a call from Bob who was brave enough to attempt to feed Cooper more pears. I was really surprised because until now he wasn't willing to bother with it unless I was there. But he was calling to let me know he thinks Cooper actually LIKES pears because he frequently opened his mouth for Bob to receive the pears. Yay! Big progress on the solid food experiment.

Very exciting. ;)

1 comment:

JEN said...

we haven't tried pears or peaches yet, so I'm excited now! Wait until Cooper starts gulping the food down - it's a laugh :) Prunes were so-so yesterday.

Glad Cooper found something he liked!