Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cooper is 3 months old!

Wow, we can hardly believe it. Cooper is 3 months old today!

So far he's had a great day. He spent the first half of the day at home with his daddy while I took my "little sister", Mary, out for some bowling and lunch out in Santa Monica (which was fun).

Now that I'm home, Bob is "off duty" for the afternoon so he disappeared into the second floor of the house haha. Cooper is asleep on my chest here in the family room. When he reemerges, we'll try to take some new photographs of Cooper on this 3-month birthday :).

More Cooper news....he is eating better thankfully - seems to be getting closer to his 3-hour schedule which is a relief because due to the reflux and his cold this past week and a half he's been eating tiny amounts every 60-90 minutes and there was no predictability involved.

The night time screaming (aka colic) has finally disappeared - yay! Although, it scares me to actually report this, as if my saying it will make it return ;0.

We're thinking that the Prevacid might actually be working well for Cooper but we won't know for sure until we wean him off of the Zantac - which we will do this week now that we've given the Prevacid 2 weeks to kick in. We didn't want to make this change until he recovered from his cold - one challenge at a time ;).

This week I'll try bringing Cooper back to daycare toward the middle/end of the week for just a few hours per day. Of course, now I'm paranoid he'll get sick again from being there but I guess there's nothing I can do about that since he'll have to be there 5 days per week when I go back to work in just 6 weeks or so....I may as well get back on that horse now and get over that fear and take advantage of the benefit of starting him early as I've previously mentioned. I will probably wait until we get closer to the end of the week though so I can get Cooper into the doctor before that for his second dose of the rotavirus vaccine - we definitely want him protected from that before I bring him back there since that is something that is commonly passed around at daycare centers and schools.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend and has a great week ahead. Don't forget to watch the first presidential election debate at the end of the week!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

Glad to hear he's doing a little better. Good luck with weaning him off the zantac. I hope it all works out for you

Nicole said...

Yeah for the end of colic!! :) Hopefully soon he'll be getting closer and closer to that all time goal of sleeping through the night too! ;)