Friday, September 19, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel

Yesterday Cooper sounded so bad that we hauled him into the doctor's office again to have the doc listen to his lungs which turned out to be perfectly clear thankfully. We felt terrible walking into the doc's office with all three of us at our peak of the cold - Bob and I even broke out into a sweat while waiting for the doctor to enter the exam room. When the doc walked in my hair was all sweaty and I must have looked like I had run there in the 94 degree heat. We apologized for exposing him and he just laughed and said that the docs see so much of this so often that they've got incredibly strong immunity systems. I hope he's right because this is the worst cold I can remember ever having.

Thankfully, as of today, the worst part of the cold is over - for all of us. Cooper still has a hacking cough which scares him (and I'm sure causes him pain since my cough hurts me) but between coughing fits he seems quite happy and is smiling a lot - even laughing :). I still have the cough and a headache but the Sudafed dried out my sinuses thankfully - I'm only taking Tylenol a couple times per day now and tonight I'm feeling A LOT better. Bob's cold is just a day behind mine and he's got the headache, runny nose,and cough but I expect he'll be feeling much better by tomorrow.

We're hopeful that by Sunday everyone will be feeling back to normal, although Cooper's doctor said Cooper may still have his cough for a bit longer since it takes longer for babies to recover from these viruses. His nose is still a bit congested but not nearly as bad as yesterday. He's not getting Tylenol anymore though because we reached the maximum number of consecutive days of recommended use. It's been 24 hours since his last dose of it and he's done great so that's good. He napped a lot today, falling asleep in my arms after eating. When he woke he looked up at me and smiled - priceless moments that warmed my heart today and made me forget about the fact that it's been an incredibly difficult and painful and sleepless week for all of us.

4 comments:

Lissa said...

Glad to hear that things are finally turning around. I just can't even imagine what its been like. I'm also very happy to hear that Cooper's lungs are clear, I'm sure thats also a relief to you. I'll keep you in my prayers that you are all healthy and back to your usual selves soon!

Steve and Amy Beth said...

Love the new photo of you and Cooper! Beautiful! The one of Cooper's head in someone's hands is great, too! Whenever did you find the time for the shoot? Glad to know everyone is starting to feel better! We have a wedding today--Jonathan's second one in his sixth months! Thankfully, both weddings have been smaller fares which he can attend with us bc Momma has a hard enough time leaving him during the week. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are all beginning to feel better. Nothing like a smiling baby to make things all better!! Hopefully with the new medicine for Cooper's reflux and his cold recovery he will emerge a happy little baby thus making you much happier too! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

So glad you are all on the mend. Love the new pictures in the gallery! Can we see more?:) Take care and give Cooper a kiss for me.