After our successful outing on Saturday I decided to commit to taking Cooper out into public every day - even if he's having a crappy day (or, even if I'm having a crappy day LOL). So here's how the rest of the long weekend went.
Sunday morning I put Cooper in the Baby Bjorn and took him and Hunter for a walk around the neighborhood. We ran into lots of neighbors and Cooper pretty much slept through the walk. Mid afternoon I packed Cooper into the car and headed out to do some shopping with stops planned at three stores: Toys R Us, WalMart (this one makes me cringe), and Bed Bath & Beyond. The Toys R Us stop was for diapers/wipes and wipes and possibly another swing purchase (we want a duplicate of the one my friend gave us since Cooper does so well in it and I need something to occupy him in the morning so I can get a decent shower and get dressed because right now this part of my day is the most challenging). While there, I discovered they have the lowest price for Cooper's formula (7.79 per 32 oz bottle - everywhere else it is 9.99 per 32 oz bottle) so I bought a week's worth.
The WalMart stop was going to happen if the swing situation at Toys R Us wasn't good and so we went there and found nothing (which I was actually glad about because I hate that store and generally refuse to spend money there unless it's an emergency). Then at Bed Bath & Beyond I went looking for a small snap tupperware type container to hold powder formula in the diaper bag so I don't have to carry a whole can around. I've tried Ziploc bags and little glass jars but both have turned out to be bad ideas.
Cooper did GREAT, again in the Baby Bjorn, in all three stores - though he did wake up and whine a little in WalMart but I was pleased about that since I now know he shares my distaste for that company haha! He screamed in the car on the way to and from the stores but that's OK. Then, around 5 pm I suited him up in the Baby Bjorn again and took him for a walk in the neighborhood. So, 2 walks and a shopping expedition on Sunday. :)
On Monday, Labor Day, we started the day with the quickest shower of my life since Cooper hates the little portable swing I bought out of desperation - I'm thinking he doesn't like being that low to the ground since his other swing is higher up. Once I was cleaned up, I packed Cooper up and we headed to the local Panera bread place to meet all my female neighbor friends for the book club discussion. I didn't read the book (it was 400+ pages) since I have no free time that is not spent napping or running around the house to get stuff done while the baby naps - but they knew I wasn't planning to read it and were happy for us to join them anyway. Thanks again to the baby Bjorn Cooper napped through the breakfast gathering :).
Later in the day we headed down to the cul-de-sac for a casual block party. Cooper did great there too - napped in the Baby Bjorn for the first hour and then he was passed around to the mommies who doted over him, fed him, changed his diaper, etc. It was nice to have my hands free and be able to take a breath of fresh air without the weight of his nearly 11 lbs pressed up against me (since I'm constantly wearing the Baby Bjorn now that I know it works to keep him calm and quiet). ;)
We got home around 7:45 pm - had to leave the party when the sun was going down because Cooper started fussing and crying and I wanted to get that under control asap. He screamed at home for about an hour then sucked down a big bottle and resumed screaming until I wrapped him in a swaddle and rocked him to sleep. He slept from 9:45 pm until 1:45 am - thank goodness! ;) But, from about 3 am and on, he was up every hour. ;( So we're dragging this morning.
Bob has been calling between flights and I put him on speaker phone so he can talk to Cooper. This morning, Bob said his name and Cooper looked at the phone and smiled. Too cute! Tonight we'll try to load up the web cams so Bob can see him.
This afternoon we're going to meet up with my friend, Felicia, and her son Evan (16 months), at the mall for some mall walking. The exercise will be good for me and for my weight loss goal.
Speaking of weight loss. When I got home from the hospital with Cooper in June I was at a shocking 194 lbs (including all the fluids they pumped me with before, during and after the c/section). As of yesterday I'm down to 167. I have 30 lbs to go before reaching my pre-pregnancy weight.
OK, I've rambled long enough...have a great day!
PS- I never found that swing in the local stores and don't want to drive out to Simi Valley to Babies R Us so I went onto eBay and found the swing there - brand new, sealed in original box, not refurbished/not damaged/from smoke-free environment - and got it for $70 less than the retail price :). It should arrive within a week - so, until then I'll continue to be one stinky gal due to the lame 2-minute showers I'm limited to due to screaming baby LOL - ahhhh!
2 comments:
Glad to hear you are getting out, getting things done and having some fun. On the formula carrier issue, have you ever seen these: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2738037? It is a 4 part container with a spout made specifically for formula. I had a bunch of 3 part containers for Raymond and loved them. Fit great in the diaper bag. Then I just had bottles with the right amount of water already in them. I also used them at home so I did not have to measure the formula all the time!
Julie!
I'm proud of you.... getting out really is awesome, isn't it? I went to the post office today and even that helped. My baby totally wants to screetch whenever I'm in the shower. She can sense it, I swear....
Post a Comment