Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Excited today

I'm excited today - for a few reasons:

1-my parents are officially booked for their next visit - they'll be here from Oct.1-7 to visit with their grandson who looks more and more like my dad every day LOL

2-my weight loss efforts are going super well - so far I've lost 34 lbs, and have just 22 lbs more to lose before reaching my pre-pregnancy/wedding day weight! AND, that's almost exactly how much weight I lost on my diet/exercise program leading up to the wedding - so I know that if I keep it up I'll be back to my fighting weight in just a few months - yay!

3-Cooper got dose #2 of the rotavirus vaccine (which is a syrup he drinks - no shot :)) which means he's better protected against this nasty virus that is known to spread through daycare centers and schools.

4-Cooper is done with the Zantac now - this morning was his last dose and now he'll just be on the Prevacid. It'll be so nice to not have to give him the 2 daily doses of Zantac so now he just gets meds once per day. :)

and

5-Cooper's room is almost done - yesterday Bob took care of Cooper so I could work on it - his crib is set up and made up, the room is cleaned up and now all that's left is to hang wall decor and remove the mini-frig (which was there for my bed rest and we've used for keeping night time bottles cold). We're going to put the mini-frig in the garage for overflow water, soda, etc. and I'll use the powder formula for night time bottles.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today!

5 comments:

Lissa said...

Ive been meaning to ask about his crib and room. I cant wait to see pictures when you get it all done!

Nicole said...

congrats on the weight loss!! :) Oh yeah on the other stuff too ;)

I have to say... I'm glad Jr & Cooper didn't share the inensity of AR as it seems Coop & Emmett have... we got told today that he's (jr) has most likely outgrown the dose of zantac and we can wean him off of it to see if the refulx was caused by the hubbub of my surgery. (whoo hoo!) Hopefully SOON you and Coop will be feeling the same relief all together!

Amanda said...

Nice planning to have your parents come for your first anniversary (right?) so you and Bob can have a nice dinner out!

Anonymous said...

I'm counting the days....yesterday I had a chance to play with 10 week old baby boy twins. Little 13 pounders.....one of them took a liking to me and talked away...they were so beautiful.....Can't wait to get my hands on Cooper!!! Tell him Grandma is coming so get ready..........LOL

Love, Mom

JEN said...

Julie - you sound great!! Glad Cooper is doing well and it is always nice to see family. Congrats on your weight loss - I don't know how you do that on top of everything else.