I have to say, my 3 month old child is much stronger and more laid back than I am - I think. The cold has reached his chest now too and he has a terrible sounding cough that I just KNOW hurts him (b/c the look on his face as he coughs is heart breaking) yet he seems to be taking it in stride - or the Tylenol is stronger for babies than it is for adults. Either way, he's quite a trooper!
His mom, on the other hand, is a big whimp! I'm hacking, sneezing, wheezing, with my throat burning and my head pounding. The over the counter Comtrex was just not cutting it so I just made a trip to the pharmacy for the "big guns" behind the counter. LOL Not too long ago a law was passed that requires stores to keep certain cold meds behind the counter because apparently drug addicts were using these meds to make illicit drugs. Anyway, to buy these medicines now you have to provide a driver's license and they log the purchase in a computer system and you can only purchase 2 boxes per month - or in my case 1 double box. The pharmacist told me that if I need more to just send my husband in -- she took one look at me and KNEW that one double box might not be enough! Besides the Sudafed, I also bought the maximum strength Robitussen for my chest/cough and asked the pharmacist to confirm they are safe to take simultaneously - and that if they weren't, could she please just knock me over the head and drag me behind the counter so I could sleep a while. She cracked up. Poor gal thought I was kidding!
No comments:
Post a Comment