Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's finally Thursday...

...and today's the day that Bob comes home. He'll only be home until Saturday but I'm going to ask him to take the night shift on baby duty Thursday night so that I can get some decent sleep. I have a feeling it's not going to happen but I am going to beg and plead with him because I'm so beat.

Cooper fought and screamed tonight - nothing new there. But it really bothered me tonight more than it has all week. Maybe it's because I had finally felt like I had a better handle on things finally and then suddenly not so much.

He's FINALLY asleep now so I'm going to hit the couch (where I've been sleeping all week) and TRY to sleep for a little while.

Oh - the second swing I ordered arrived today so I assembled it during one of Cooper's naps and put the older one up in the bedroom so now I'll have one to put him in upstairs when I need to take a shower. I forgot to get enough batteries though so I have to pick some up tomorrow.

OK - good night!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Call it sleep deprivation or something.. but I read the title to this post and the song "It's Finally Friday" started playing in my head lol.

I'm sorry you've had a rough night! Keep in mind he's getting use to a new routine (we tried one last night that worked pretty good but I'm expecting HELL tonight...) and it will take a little bit.

As Dori from Finding Nemo says...
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming

Steve and Amy Beth said...

Cooper's new posted photo is too cute! What a face! I think he looks a lot like you, Julie (from the photos on the blog, anyway!LOL)

I'm back to work since Tuesday and am trying to spend as much time as possible with Jonathan and to catch up on things. I'll write this weekend.

Hope you get a night of good shut eye tonight! :)

Lissa said...

Glad you got your swing. Aren't they wonderful? We have the papasan style, but spent the extra money for the Zen collection one since you can plug it into the wall!!! I can't imagine how many batteries we would go through otherwise.