The nurse we hired to come for 4 hours a day called me 2 hours before her scheduled arrival time to let me know she wouldn't be coming today (or tomorrow for that matter) because she now has the stomach virus. ;0 I feel soooo bad for her - especially since I know how she feels. She was at the hospital this past weekend though - that's how we met her - she was caring for Cooper Saturday and he started throwing up Saturday evening - so I'd bet she got it at the hospital and not at our house. We're pretty germaphobic here now and since we got back from the hospital we've been disinfecting EVERYTHING - putting all fabric items into the hot wash, wiping everything down with Clorox wipes, etc.
Did I mention that we burned sandalwood incense in every room of the house today to purge the ickies and bring in new, healthier energy? We had all the windows open to usher in fresh air (thankfully it was about 78 degrees here today). My wonderful friend and neighbor, Clare, brought me an awesome Feng Shui book that instructs how to cleanse spaces and she also brought me a bag chock full of dried sage and sandalwood incense sticks - I love Clare! :) Thank you, Clare!!! We are willing to try just about anything to cleanse our space and invite healthier happier energy to our house to help us avoid further outbreaks of nasty viruses and bad luck. ;)
Bob went to the doc today and was prescribed Imodium LOL ;). I'm feeling MUCH better and am thrilled that I'll be getting out of the house and going to the office Thursday and Friday. Get me outta here! ;0 Bob is going to watch Cooper both days so we can keep him out of daycare at least until next week before we send him back to the sickatorium - I mean, daycare LOL.
Cooper is feeling MUCH better too and I'm so happy that he seems to be mostly back to his normal self - laughing and smiling at just about everything. He's eating lots better - not quite as much as normal but he's gradually getting closer which is good. The antibiotics haven't hit him as hard this time in the diaper department as it did last time thankfully. We've only had to give him the probiotic every other day and that's been enough to keep things manageable in that area which is good.
Lastly, since I'm feeling much better and was STARVING by about 5:30 pm tonight, I couldn't stop craving a big charburger from The Habit - it's a charbroiled burger with caramelized onions, and onion rings. I get it maybe once per year. I told Bob I was going for it and he said I was insane and added "I'm not holding the bucket this time." That did make me think twice. Then I headed out for it and picked up some chicken noodle soup for him since that's all he's brave enough to try right now. I just ate the burger and onion rings and so far I'm OK - and feeling very satisfied. I figured, I lost 6 lbs on this stomach virus so I could afford a fattening treat before resuming the post-pregnancy diet program.
Cooper is blowing bubbles with his drool right now and making all sorts of silly noises. So totally cute! He's "talking" up a storm too. He's incredibly cuddly too - I pick him up and he throws his arms around my neck and nuzzles his face into my neck. It totally makes my heart melt.
3 comments:
78 degrees...so lucky. It may have been 45 here today...not sure. Plus it is dark by 4:30 which really sucks when I get off work
Hopefully the Feng Shui works for you
I'm sorry that everyone has been so sick. But I'm thrilled that you are all slowly recovering. *hugs*
It would appear that the Fearless Leader of the 3 Musketeers is also going to be the one to cause the most worry and give the biggest run for his money. Of the three of us, Nikky appears to have made out the best in both the pregnancy and newborn/infant phases...your's and Coopers turns are coming. I'm sure of it. I'm just not sure when. ;)
Julie - don't you just love be hugged by Cooper!! Melts your heart. Just beware - when he gets a couple of teeth he will bite your neck - - his way of saying I love you. LOL your brother used to do it......
Glad you are feeling better. That hamburger sounded awfully good...
Love, Mom
Post a Comment