Friday, November 7, 2008

Rough night, and a fever

We had a very rough night. Cooper was up screaming all night. He's congested, has a runny nose, and is very gassy. He wasn't eating well but when we checked his temp last night he didn't have a fever. A little gripe water helped him settle his tummy but it didn't last long. Bob and I were taking turns holding him and trying to calm him down. No sleep was had by any of us last night. I had to suction out his nose hourly and he did not appreciate that.

This morning I decided I better work from home just in case things worsen and we need to get him to the doctor. It's a good thing I did because we just took his temp and it is 101.1. Called the doctor and left a message and we're waiting for a call back. Meantime, gave him some Tylenol to try to get his temp down. He's pretty miserable - barely eating, not smiling/talking like he usually would be, and all he wants is to be held but only in an upright, chest-to-chest, position. Bob is taking the lead so I can focus on work but I'm holding Cooper right now because he fell asleep on me immediately after I gave him the Tylenol and I don't want to disturb him.

When the doc calls we're going to ask if we can use a standard humidifier instead of the cool mist one b/c the cool mist one did NOTHING last night - Cooper's nose kept crusting up and the humidity level only went up by 1% even after hours of running the humidifier (which is brand new!) UGH. Once we know what kind we can use, Bob is going to run out to Babies R Us to pick up a new one. I really hope that there won't be a hospital visit this time - that always results in more pain for pooper so I hope the doc says we can either just keep him at home and keep up with the tylenol or bring him to their office. I feel so bad for him. Every time he spends more than a couple consecutive days at daycare he ends up sick! This is his THIRD cold and he's only been on the "outside" for 4.5 months!

OK - back to work for me. I'll update later when we know more.

No comments: