I was feeding Cooper when suddenly we heard a very loud double boom that shook the house. At first I thought maybe Bob fell out of the bed or collapsed in the bedroom which is just above where I was sitting but then I realized Bob is not that big of a guy LOL so my next thought was perhaps an earthquake since most of those are accompanied by a big boom or a thundering roar. I ran upstairs with Cooper in my arms to check on Bob (he had just gone upstairs for a nap) and found him sitting up in bed, just fine. He said that he heard that the space shuttle might be landing at Edwards AF base today and that usually comes with 2 sonic booms. I went online to check and sure enough, Bob was right! Here's the story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081130/ap_on_sc/space_shuttle
Phew! I'm glad it wasn't an earthquake. I'm also glad it wasn't Bob falling out of bed LOL. ;)
1 comment:
So glad all is well, Julie, and there was comic relief to be found in the boom! :) Sounds like Cooper's Thanksgiving was good, too (except for the vomiting anyway). Jonathan's first Thanksgiving went well also. He was pretty good on our trip to CT. He slept most of the way, both ways, for the first four hours of the trip, but the fifth hour was far from pleasant. At least when we finally got home, he clearly recognized where we were and he was thrilled to be home. I'm so glad that we came home last night so I had a day to catch up and get things going for work on Monday. Have a good week!
Post a Comment