Friday, March 14, 2008

1 shot down, 15 to go!

The weekly 17P injections began today and will continue through to week 36. Today I'm 21 weeks, 2 days pregnant.

The nurse that came to the house was very nice and is very good at her job. I barely felt a thing - yay! Hunter was pretty funny - as if she knew her mommy was about to experience something yucky - because as I laid on the couch and exposed the top of my tush for the shot, Hunter came up to my face and started to kiss me - too cute.

The first time you get the shot the home health care company requires that you be observed for 30 minutes to make sure there are no adverse reactions. So as we waited, she went through all the paperwork and answered my questions and took my vital signs. Then the last thing she did was check the baby's heartbeat with a portable doppler. Hunter got to hear her little brother's heartbeat haha. She just stared at the speaker as the baby's heartbeat bellowed out loud and clear. His heartbeat was strong and healthy in the mid 150s range.

That was it and she was on her way. Super easy, no pain, no bad reactions, etc. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Julie,
Glad to hear you are doing well! Have a good weekend! Talk to you soon. Jana

Nicole said...

Aren't our furbabies so cute? I have a golden who, my husband says looks just like your Hunter and he's usually good for when I lay on the couch and the baby kicks he comes up and puts his head on my stomach! They just sooooo know what's going on! Glad your first shot went well. Oh BTW - be glad your on bed rest it's already getting into the high 80's low 90's here.... in about a week I'll be whining to join you! ;)