It's almost Friday, which means it's almost Saturday, which means Bob will be home soon. Yay! I love when Bob comes home. He's my hero! We all miss him when he's away - even the dog sulks.
Today Matria called (home health care company) to let me know that my insurance company approved the home contraction monitoring program - yay! They're shipping the device to me and when it arrives I'm supposed to call and they'll train me how to use it. I've heard its a device that you strap around the belly for an hour two times daily and it reads and records contraction activity and then you plug it into the phone line and fax the results to the nurses station and then speak with the nurse each morning to discuss the results from the day prior - or something like that. The idea is that if the device detects signs of preterm labor, then my docs can intervene quickly to prescribe medication to stop the contractions so that Baby O can keep "cooking" in there.
My Dad will be arriving a week from Saturday - yay! He's a good cook so Bob and I are excited that there will be some grilling going on during his extended visit. We're so relieved and grateful that dad is willing to come out and move in with us for a while so that I won't be alone when Bob is off flying/working. Its better if I do less trips up/downstairs but its impossible to avoid it when I'm alone. Hunter is going to love having my Dad around too - someone else to play with her. I'm excited I was able to get Dad a first-class ticket with my frequent flier miles - he's never flown first class before - I hope he enjoys it.
Baby O has been very quiet today - I jiggled and jiggled to try to wake him up at various times of the day - I have GOT to change this kid's sleep pattern - but today he ignored me and of course now that it's evening he's kicking me. Grrr. Anyone have any ideas? Until then, maybe more chocolate?? haha! I'll use just about any excuse for more of that! ;)
4 comments:
Music! I'm telling you it works. Since finding out I'm incubating a Miley Cyrus fan, I've tried playing a variety of music and paying attention to what he is doing and it really does work. No other songs yet get as much noticeable movement out of him as Miley - but if Mama can change it she's gonna! ;)
I tried to tell Nikky to step away from the remote but she's just not listening. ;) lol
Music works. I'm trying to find Tiny's favorite song as we speak. I'm also a big fan of chocolate. Usually when I eat, Tiny sleeps. I think the food induces a "food coma". lol
Aside from that just take heart in the fact that this usually isn't a precursor to what Baby O's sleep patterns will be down the line. Although you'll be exhausted for the next few months. lol
Lizze, I wish you were right about it not being a sign of baby O's sleep patterns but my OB said the opposite ;0. ugh.
"I'm excited I was able to get Dad a first-class ticket with my frequent flier miles - he's never flown first class before"
My goodness, you still have such an amazing heart:) Yummm...your Dad on the grill!
Post a Comment