Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thee who kicks at night is not sleeping, right?

Pretty uneventful day today - and I'm grateful for that :). Every day that passes without some kind of scary twinge or sign of danger is a super day and thus today was another super day.

Yesterday I complained to some friends that baby Olsen seems to be a night owl because he doesn't move a lot during the morning/day but then starts kicking up a storm beginning around 9-10 pm and for the rest of the night. I was thinking I might be in for trouble if this is a sign of his sleeping pattern for post-womb life LOL. I was a night owl of a child and drove my parents crazy and I think that payback might be in the works.

But this morning after breakfast Baby Olsen gave me a series of kicks and then again at lunchtime. Mid afternoon I put my hand on my belly and gently jiggled around and said "hey baby O, wake up and give me some action" and sure enough he kicked me. Good boy! :) It's a good thing that I'm not under surveillance during this bed resting thing because I might be mistaken for a crazy person at times - talking to the animals, jiggling my belly and talking to the baby in a selfish quest to readjust a potentially painful sleep pattern haha.

Tomorrow is my next OB appointment. Have lots of questions this week - about the latest round of baby measurements, when to initiate the home contraction monitoring program, which hospital to go to if PTL signs pop up (local one or one with NICU - and does the distance/drive time matter if/when that happens), can he prescribe home-based physical therapy to help with hip/back pain from all this laying down? Stay tuned for answers to these questions and more in my update tomorrow when I get back from the doc's office.

Have a super night!

5 comments:

Lizze said...

Okay, so I haven't read this post yet. (I will, you know I will.) But I needed to post a comment to you anyway. I want you to know that you are honestly one of my saving graces right now. Knowing that you are my friend and "in my corner" even from a bed far, far away...helps more than anyone could ever understand. And I just noticed your sidebar where you have me listed...you made me cry. A good cry but cry nonetheless. As you know, bed rest can be so alienating and your emails and comments and support on the boards (and off the boards) mean so very, very much to me. Thank you, Julie. Words could not express just how much you've helped me and how much your friendship means to me. (And I'm done rambling...I blame the meds. ;) lol)

Lizze said...

Okay so now that I'm awake I was able to actually read this post. (See, I told you I would. lol)

If you're crazy for jiggling the belly and talking to Baby O (do you have a name picked yet?) then I'm crazy with you. I'll jiggle and tell Tiny to "look alive in there!" (kind of like your coaches used to say when you were playing like crap in high school, at least my coaches said it. lol)

Good luck today at your appointment! And congrats on another awesome day! WOO WHOO! Lord knows we could all use some more of those. ;)

Nicole said...

Hey I had my first PT appointment today - when I get a chance I'll scan sheet with the stretches that they gave me. Some you can do while laying down - and are supposed to help. In the words of my Orthopedic Dr I got referred to (gotta love the military here) "Delivery is the only Cure". What a sense of humor right? ;)

Ps... I jiggle Jr all the time :)

Amanda said...

Has Baby O gotten the hiccups yet? I used to love the feeling of Raymond's hiccups. And then after he was born, he made the cutest noise when he hiccuped!

Anonymous said...

ooh...the hip/back pain/ache thing was the worst! not "the worst", but you know...