Since starting bedrest, on Fridays I am usually down about the fact that there's nothing to do and it'll be a boring and lonely weekend since Bob is usually away. At least during the week while I have work to focus on I'm on the phone most of the day and the day passes so quickly but not so on the weekends.
Well this past Friday I finally said TGIF and meant it! :) It was a long busy work week and for the first time since bedrest started a month ago, I actually had something fun to look forward to on the weekend.
Bob was home so on Friday night we hung out and watched Real Time with Bill Maher (one of our favorite shows). But the best part of the weekend was yet to come as our dear friends Tony and Kathleen were coming for a visit on Saturday evening and they were bringing dinner. Since I didn't want to be left out of this social visit Bob and I decided to cheat my bedrest rules just this once and I went downstairs and got situated on the couch in the family room so that I could be with everyone as we ate and socialized. It was sooooooo great to see our friends and get caught up - they got married the night before Bob and I were married :). We had yummy Italian food from Buca di Beppo's - spaghetti and meatballs, chicken parm, garlic bread, salad - oh it was really great. Thank you Kathleen & Tony!!! :)
Sunday was a quiet day. Bob ran some errands and did some work around the house while I resumed my usual routine of watching movies and surfing the web. We polished off the Italian leftovers at lunchtime. I also took a nice long nap in the late afternoon and woke up around dinner time and Bob treated me to some Chinese food for dinner.
There was A LOT of eating this past weekend and I'm a little nervous that the scale at the OB's office will reveal a bigger gain than I probably should have when I get there tomorrow. Oh well, can't take it back now LOL. Since Bob was home and able to pamper me he was bringing me everything I asked for (including McDonald's for lunch on Saturday haha). He's such a sweetheart because he knows that when he's away I am stuck with what's in the house since I can't go out to get anything and can't order takeout now that I can't answer the door when I'm alone due to my stricter bedrest rules. So, I pigged out all weekend and enjoyed every bit but we're back to reality now that the leftovers are gone and Bob will be heading out again Wednesday morning. I'm stocked up with fruit, string cheese, yogurt, trail mix, veggies, etc...so I'm sure if I tip the scales tomorrow I'll make up for it with going back to my healthier eating routine the rest of the week and next week when I'm on my own again.
1 comment:
It's okay to endulge once in a while! :) (I'm not on the jail sentence but trust me - being able to go get that nasty junk food makes the scale tip WORSE!!) So enjoy it when you get it! :) I'm glad to see that you had a fun weekend and that Bob is treating you like a queen ;)
Post a Comment