I usually dislike going to the dentist (ok, I admit that I usually hate it and try to avoid it) but since I'm only permitted to leave the house for doctor appointments (including dentist), I was actually excited to go have my teeth cleaned this morning. I didn't necessarily enjoy have someones hand in my mouth poking and prodding but while reclined in the dental chair I had a nice view of the parking lot and the street and surrounding area so it was nice to have some different scenery for a short time. Baby Olsen was squirming all around while I was there too - I wonder if he dislikes the dentist like his mommy?
But don't you hate when they have their hands in your mouth and they ask you questions!? What is up with that? Isn't it obvious that I can't respond? Cracks me up.
Ok now for the BEST part about this dental outing -- the dentist's office is next to the only drive-thru Starbucks in the area so as we left the dentist Bob didn't even need to ask, he just headed straight for it - yay!! I can't remember my last latte but I sure did enjoy this one. I'm off caffeine so I had a decaf, non-fat latte and it was OH SO GOOD. :)
I'm back in bed though - rats! Now I look forward to my next doc visit - next Tuesday.
2 comments:
You are not alone! I too despise the dentist! (caused by a horrible dentist as a kid) However atleast you got a change of scenery and a funny side note... I usually treat myself to Starbuck too after a trip somewhere unpleasant like the dentist! :)
Ha! Didn't you feel like a caged bird at times? Even the simplest trips were exciting?! I used to get excited seeing neighbors working in their yards or the neighbor kids taking the school bus! I knew everyone's schedule! LOL! You really are bringing back memories for me.
Post a Comment