Monday, March 24, 2008

Super weekend recap

Wow, what a fun weekend it was - as fun as one can possibly have while laying down of course. ;) Upon rethinking this, it wasn't quite as much fun as one can have while laying down but it was as much fun as I'm ALLOWED to have while laying down haha! :)

Bob was home this weekend which of course makes the weekend great right from the start. Just having an adult to talk to is a bonus (otherwise my conversations are limited to the animals and the kids from across the street). He's so wonderful, as always - bringing me foods and beverages without even having to ask him. He even went to McDonald's while out running errands and I didn't even ask or know he was going to stop there and he ordered exactly what I would have asked for even though he wishes I would get small fries instead of large - he got me large - yay!!

Sunday our neighborhood did a neighborhood Easter dinner and Easter egg hunt. The dinner was in the driveway/garage of our neighbors across the street from us so I saved up my up/downstairs trips for the day and waddled across the street where I was promptly placed in my reclining lawn chair so I could "participate" in the festivities. Everyone was so wonderful - serving me food :) and asking how I was doing and how Baby Olsen is doing. My 5-year old neighbor came over to give me hugs several times, telling me she's missed me since I've been stuck in the house. She said "oh Julie, I'm so glad you're getting well, I've really missed you." I was so touched by her comment and her hugs. By the time we left to put me back "to bed" at home, I think I had spent 4 or more hours over there. The time flew by as it was just so wonderful to interact with everyone again after so long.

The coolest part of the weekend ---- Bob felt the baby kick! For the first time, Bob was able to feel Baby Olsen moving around. As part of our morning ritual when Bob is home I put his hand on my belly in hopes that he'll feel something and sure enough he did. It was so cool and I can't wait for him to feel the little guy again sometime soon.

After a wonderful weekend it was hard getting up and getting back to reality today when Bob had to head out on another trip. I can't wait to have him home again in a few days. :)

2 comments:

Lizze said...

I'm so glad you had a fun and relaxing weekend. You deserved it! (Well, you deserve more than that but like you said...there's only so much fun to be had while lying down right now. lol)

I just want you to know that your comments and emails last night meant so much while I was in L&D. I'm very lucky to have found you as a friend and "bed rest buddy". *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Upon rethinking this, it wasn't quite as much fun as one can have while laying down but it was as much fun as I'm ALLOWED to have while laying down haha! :)

- Ha! you are so funny!

So glad you got out and about for a little while!