Monday, March 31, 2008

Irritability.....of the uterus

So, I've been known to get irritable (I'm my father's daughter) - I admit that. But I couldn't help but laugh when the Matria nurse called me last night after receiving my contraction monitoring transmission and told me that they detected some irritability....of the uterus. She said it was normal and that there were no notable contractions detected. Then this morning's call following the morning transmission was the same thing - some irritability detected. I asked what that meant exactly and she explained it is like a contraction that is less than 40 seconds long. Again, no other contractions detected. I'm not sure what this means in the scheme of things but Dr.N will get a weekly report - today or tomorrow - which will include this information so if it's anything to be concerned about his office will contact me. I will ask at my next appointment if I don't hear from them about it.

Other than that, the folks at Matria say my transmissions are "beautiful" -- I'll take that!

It's been another crazy day of work - on conference calls nearly all day long and having to cram "real" work in between calls so that I won't work overtime (promised I wouldn't). I'm not complaining though - work helps the weekdays pass quickly thereby making my bed rest sentence more bearable.

My clutsy husband twisted his knee this weekend (yup, that's right, AGAIN). He's ok thankfully but hobbles using a cane going up and down the stairs and is booked to see the orthopedic doc on Wednesday just in case. We're hoping it's just a twist and no treatment needed because I just can't imagine him having to take any time off again after just getting back to work earlier this year following a 10 month leave from his knee surgery/recovery. Someone at work today said "I hope Baby O doesn't get the clutz gene!" - I laughed so hard. Bob has already said many times and repeated it today - that the next house will be one floor. Though I have to say, this time, the stairs had nothing to do with it - Bob just forgot to look where he was walking and tripped on his own shoes that were sitting on the floor where he'd last left them. Poor Bob!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Let me just tell you - thats all I EVER have is "irritability"!!!! I have stopped pushing that little "event" button - because they never show up as real contractions! I have just decided that I will start worrying if Matria tells me that I am contracting! They do listen to me if I am having lots of irritability and cramping or a backache - they will have me do a demand dose of terb or up my dose.

Lizze said...

Welcome to my world, hon. *hugs* Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing to worry about and you can Baby O can keep chilling, working and baking. :)