It's definitely a lot more fun and interesting when Bob is home on the weekends. If I wasn't on bed rest it'd be no big deal as I'd be out and about, shopping or visiting friends or whatever. But TV on the weekends is B-O-R-I-N-G! Or just plain strange. I did find a channel (Discovery Health) which as stories about freak medical phenomenons and the like which at first was interesting but then got pretty old pretty fast.
I've written several letters, read several magazines, surfed the web, talked to the animals. I even served as a practice audience for my 11-year old neighbor's "persuasive speech" that she has to give at school this week. That actually was the most interesting thing I've done all weekend. Her speech was really great. The topic: Why Disneyland is better than California Adventure Park. When she finished I applauded and then responded "When can we go?" :) It was quite funny actually - Hunter and Winnie were up on the bed with me as Sarah stood beside the bed with her cue cards and delivered her speech. All three of us (me, the dog and the cat) watched and listened. That would have made a great photo.
Bob comes home tomorrow - yay! :) It's time to put in an online grocery order to arrive when Bob's home (this will save him the time of going to the market and he'll just have to put things away). I'm also going to look online to try to find a lounge chair for our patio so I can spend time reclined outside now that the weather is warmer (thought it was cold today). We have speakers on our patio so I was thinking I could put the satellite radio on and hang out there for a few hours a day to get some vitamin D which I'm sure I'm severely lacking at this point given I've been confined about 5 weeks now.
Bob asked me if I was glad tomorrow is Monday (so I would have work to pass the time better) and I told him that no, I'm glad tomorrow is Monday because that's the day he comes home. :)
5 comments:
Just make sure you take the sunblock outside with you! I spent yesterday outside and for once remembered to put it on! Thankfully I didn't burn! ;) Hope this week doesn't pass too quickly for you!
good point! I burn in like 5 minutes of sun. ;0
Hi. I'm Lizze (lizzeann) from the Sidelines boards. I just wanted to post a quick comment and say "HI". :)
For what it's worth, I feel your pain on the TV front. You would think with 120 channels that SOMETHING good would be on, but no. *sigh* Hang in there! And feel free to drop me a line if you get bored. ;)
I'll be praying for you!
Loved the part about Sarah's speech and all of you paying close attention...classic!
Post a Comment