Friday, December 5, 2008

And he's rolling over!

Yesterday I put Cooper on his tummy to see if he'd still scream and protest tummy time. We haven't done tummy time in the traditional sense (on the floor) in over a month (and never did it regularly because he'd scream as soon as I set him down on his tummy). Thus, I wasn't expecting much yesterday. Boy, was I surprised when he pushed himself up with his arms, smirked at me and just rolled right over onto his back! I was stunned - he did this on the first try! I cheered, and then I cried, and he laid there laughing. It was awesome.

I tried to get him to do it again yesterday but he wasn't about to satisfy my need to see it again, at least not then.

This morning I tried again before work because he was in a happy and talkative mood. Took about 5 minutes of watching him look around, laugh at the dog, and then some frustration on his face when he realized he could switch positions and he rolled over. I cheered, then put him back on his belly and he did it 2 more times! I can't wait to show Bob tomorrow when he gets home from work. :)

Cooper started rolling over at 5.5 months. :)

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Isn't it exciting? For a long time Colton would only do it if we weren't looking. Then he started when we were looking, but if the video camera comes out so we can send it to Grandma....then he just lays there looking at you. Isn't it so much fun watching them develop new talents?