Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wheezy

Cooper's cough continued (didn't worsen but didn't improve) today and his temp was up slightly but not feverish. He continued wheezing and that was a little worse today compared to yesterday so when Bob got home from his trip in the late afternoon we decided to bring him to the pediatrician to have his lungs listened to and pulse/oxygen level checked to be safe. He was on the high-normal side temp-wise, his pulse/oxygen levels were OK, and doc said he lungs sounded clear. Of course, Cooper didn't cough or wheeze at all while we were there - partly because I did a breathing treatment for him just 2.5 hours earlier (they provide benefit for 4-6 hrs) and partly because the doc's office is the "magic place" haha.

Doc said to keep doing what we're doing and that he didn't feel the need to consult with Cooper's lung specialist who he knows well but if things worsen to go back in. No new instructions. Phew!

Oh, and he's up to 16 lbs already! Go Cooper! No wonder my back is starting to ache a lot more!

4 comments:

Lissa said...

I'm very glad to hear his lungs are sounding clear.

JEN said...

glad "the coop" is okay.

Steve and Amy Beth said...

Isn't it amazing what we can manage to schedule and fit into just one week as moms? :) We were at the dr yesterday, too, but for pink eye. I think back to my single, childless days and how I thought I was busy then--yeah, right! Anyway, I wouldn't trade my life now for the world and know you wouldn't either, so at least all the hustle and bustle is more than worth it. Glad that Cooper's appmt went well and that your new nanny is working out well, too, Julie! Have a good rest of the week!

Lizze said...

Don't you love the magic of the ped's office? I told Emmett John's ped that I was going to start coming in just to say hi and check out an exam room when all else fails. He laughed. I was serious. lol