Bob has been working all week and couldn't be home for Christmas. BUT...yesterday he had a "turnaround" at LAX - meaning that he flew one plane in and a couple hours later flew another one out. We keep a copy of his schedule handy so I figured out that if we arrived at LAX just before he landed the first flight we might be able to spend a few minutes with him so that he could get a Christmas kiss from Cooper on Cooper's very first Christmas.
I checked the flight status and the traffic report and found that although Bob's flight was slightly delayed he'd probably still have enough time for a quick hello and the traffic wasn't bad yet since it was early in the morning so off we went.
I waited until a couple minutes after he landed to call his cell and left a message asking him to call me on my cell phone when he landed. When he called I told him to meet us at security for his Christmas surprise. He was so excited that we were there.
I gave him some cookies for himself and for the captain he was flying with, and we spent about 20 minutes hanging out. Bob and Cooper were both so excited and I was so relieved that we pulled it off (b/c Cooper has been feeling crummy and I was worried he'd be cranky - but he wasn't).
Even though it was only a short visit, it was wonderful to see Bob and for him to see Cooper on the baby's first Christmas. Bob comes home tonight so we can officially celebrate together in the morning and watch/help Cooper open all the gifts under the tree from Grandma and Pappa.
We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment