I have a pit in my stomach. I'm so nervous. Today we expect to hear from the insurance company with a decision on the appeal for coverage of Cooper's Synagis shots. Since they rejected the claim we appealed and sent in a letter from the pulmonologist, a letter from the pediatrician, a letter from me, and the hospitalization records from Cooper's two hospitalizations for pneumonia/respiratory illness. I hope and pray that these documents help them to see how critical it is for Cooper to have these shots and that they should approve the request to pay for them. At $1600 per shot for a monthly shot between now and April, we can't afford to pay out of pocket. Cooper had the first shot the day before Thanksgiving. The second shot is scheduled for the day after Christmas.
Please say a prayer and/or send positive "Insurance company approve the request" vibes our way today. Thanks in advance!
PS - my friend, Amanda, had her baby girl this morning! Congratulations Amanda, Craig, and Raymond, on little Emily's arrival. We're so happy for you!
3 comments:
Good luck. I really hope they approve it. If not, file a complaint with the insurance commissioner.
Positive thoughts and lots of prayers going up on your behalf on this! *hugs*
Any word? I'm sitting on pins and needles for you!!! Hope they finally saw the light!
Post a Comment